L.I.F.E. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to cancer survivorship by providing assistance to young adults who are fighting cancer and in financial need. This is accomplished through our cancer survivor grant program. The amount of each grant depends on the availability of funds and resources, but is approximately $1,000. Since 2003, we have proudly awarded over $250,000 towards financial assistance and research.
This L.I.F.E. Survivor Grant application will be open from March 20, 2023 (the first day of Spring) through July 1, 2023. Recipients will be announced on July 17, 2023 (Eric’s birthday). All candidates must meet the following criteria, and be able to provide the information below. If you are unsure about something, please contact us with any specific questions.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen and have received treatment in the U.S.
- The applicant must be in a state of financial need having either lost their job, experienced sustained major wage losses, or have limited employment opportunities.
- The applicant should be able to explain how their cancer has affected their current financial situation
- The applicant must complete a medical history verification form that has been signed by a licensed medical professional by whom you were treated
L.I.F.E. will uphold the privacy of each applicant, but we do ask that if an applicant is selected for the grant, that they also agree to have their name, photo, and brief story published onto our website and/or social media. All other information gathered through our application process is kept secure and confidential.