Our mission is dedicated to cancer survivorship by providing assistance to young adults who are regaining momentum following cancer treatment. This is accomplished through our cancer survivor grant program.
When can I apply?
The application will open on the first day of spring, the next one being March 19, 2020. Due to our small size and limited availability of funds, only one patient per year will be selected and announced on July 17th, which was Eric’s birthday. To receive an email notification of when it opens, please subscribe to our email newsletter.
Subscribe for Notifications
All candidates must meet the following criteria, and be able to provide the information below. If you are unsure about something, please contact us with any specific questions.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen and have received treatment in the U.S.
- The patent must have completed one of the following:
- Completed all treatment and currently in remission with no evidence of disease
- Remain in stable condition one year following completed treatment
- Currently in remission on long term hormonal or targeted therapy
Other application requirements
- The applicant must be in a state of financial need having either lost their job, experienced sustained major wage losses, or have limited employment opportunities.
- The applicant should be able to explain how their cancer has affected their current financial situation
- The applicant must be able to provide the previous 2 years of notarized tax returns
- The applicant must complete a medical history verification form that has been signed by a licensed medical professional by whom you were treated
- The applicant must demonstrate inability to receive financial assistance from any other source
Who can fill out the application?
The application can be filled out by anyone, but please note that a medical history verification form will also need to be submitted that has been signed by a licensed medical professional by whom the patient was treated.
More about the grant
The amount of each grant depends on the availability of funds and resources, but is typically in the range of approximately $1,000. Since 2003, we have proudly awarded over $250,000 towards financial assistance and research. We are proud to help young adults get back on their feet following their battle with cancer across the U.S.
Privacy & HIPAA
L.I.F.E. absolutely wishes to uphold the privacy and of each applicant, but we do ask that if the applicant selected for the grant, that the applicant agrees to have their name, photo, and brief story published onto our website and/or social media. All other information gathered through our application process is kept secure and confidential.