Last year running pros Chris Solinsky and Simon Bairu gave Eric a lot of support while he was fighting his second bout with AML. And today Chris qualified for the 5,000m finals on Sunday August 23rd at the IAAF World Championships in Berlin. The prelims had a very strong field of elites including Kenenisa Bekele who holds the world record of 12:37.35. Bekele finished with the fastest time of 13:19.77 followed by Matt Tegenkamp (also went to Wisconsin) with a 13:19.87. Solinsky was the only other American to qualify with a time of 13:20.64. We wish him the best of luck on Sunday!
Solinsky qualifies for finals at Berlin Worlds on Sunday!
- Man attempts to break skydiving record June 13, 2019
- Blood Drive on August 24th, 2019 June 4, 2019
- Tennessee State Skydive Record Attempt for Sienna Howe May 1, 2019
- Kate M. – L.I.F.E. Gives Back November 1, 2018
- Update from the Recipient of Adam’s Marrow Donation September 5, 2017