Last year running pros Chris Solinsky and Simon Bairu gave Eric a lot of support while he was fighting his second bout with AML. And today Chris qualified for the 5,000m finals on Sunday August 23rd at the IAAF World Championships in Berlin. The prelims had a very strong field of elites including Kenenisa Bekele who holds the world record of 12:37.35. Bekele finished with the fastest time of 13:19.77 followed by Matt Tegenkamp (also went to Wisconsin) with a 13:19.87. Solinsky was the only other American to qualify with a time of 13:20.64. We wish him the best of luck on Sunday!
Solinsky qualifies for finals at Berlin Worlds on Sunday!
- Blood and Marrow Drive on August 24th August 6, 2019
- Support us on Amazon Smile July 1, 2019
- Chris Beeman – L.I.F.E. Gives Back June 27, 2019
- Man breaks skydiving record to raise money for cancer patient June 13, 2019
- Tennessee State Skydive Record for Sienna Howe May 1, 2019