The L.I.F.E. Survivor Grant is provided to one young adult each calendar year who is fighting cancer and in a state of financial need. The amount of each grant depends on the availability of funds and resources, but is at least $1,000. Since 2003, we have proudly awarded over $250,000 towards patient financial assistance and cancer research programs.
When can I apply?
The application will open on the first day of spring, the next one being March 19, 2020. The number of recipients who will be selected will be evaluated based upon donation totals when all applications have been received and announced on July 17th, which was Eric’s birthday. To receive an email notification of when the application will open, please subscribe to our email newsletter.
All candidates must meet the following criteria, and be able to provide the information below. If you are unsure about something, please contact us with any specific questions.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen and have received treatment in the U.S.
- The applicant must be in a state of financial need having either lost their job, experienced sustained major wage losses, or have limited employment opportunities.
- The applicant should be able to explain how their cancer has affected their current financial situation
- The applicant must complete a medical history verification form that has been signed by a licensed medical professional by whom you were treated
Who can fill out the application?
The application can be filled out by anyone, but please note that a medical history verification form will also need to be submitted that has been signed by a licensed medical professional by whom the patient was treated.
Privacy & HIPAA
L.I.F.E. will uphold the privacy and of each applicant, but we do ask that if an applicant is selected for the grant, that they also agree to have their name, photo, and brief story published onto our website and/or social media. All other information gathered through our application process is kept secure and confidential.